Rules For Equating Qualifications And Marks
The major principle for equivalence of qualification is to identify the relevant stage in Pak. System by considering the number of schooling years and subjects of a foreign system, if the system does not match with the Pakistani model.
A) GCE ‘O’ Level, GCSE, IGCSE and Equivalent:
- GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:
- i) Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives with minimum E Grade.
- ii) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives with minimum E Grade.
- To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in Arts Group.
B) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:
- GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
- i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
- ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
- iii) General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects.
- iv) Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.
- a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.
- b- If a Pakistani national candidate studies and appears for both GCSE/IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level & GCE ‘A’ Levels examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will be exempted and not be considered as compulsory requirement.
- c- Exemption of Compulsory subjects namely Islamiyat, Urdu and Pakistan Studies to Pakistani origin dual nationality holder students Passing GCE ‘O’ Level or Equivalent Foreign qualification from Schools based in Pakistan.
- d- If a candidate passes GCE ‘O’ Levels or equivalent qualification from abroad and appears for GCE ‘A’ Levels from Pakistan or vice versa, he/she has to pass Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies at SSC or GCE ‘O’ Levels for obtaining Equivalence Certificate.
- i) Equivalence with SSC: Grade 9 and 10 from Accredited institutions with required number of credits.
- ii) Equivalence with HSSC: Grade 11 and 12 from Accredited institutions having Diploma with required number of credits.
For Further queries or information regarding equivalence,please contact on following email firstname.lastname@example.org