Embassy is asking for re-verification of already attested certificate. What should I do?IBCC online attestation is for life time. So, there is no need for re-verification. However, if the certificates were attested before online system and attestation official has been changed meanwhile, then IBCC re-attest those certificates on submission of prescribed fee and subject to fulfillment of requirements.
How can I fill the form for attestation of Equivalence Certificates issued by IBCC?Please select relevant qualification e.g. SSC/HSSC and then select the awarding body as IBCC and in program select title as O-level or A-level Equivalence Certificate.
Does the IBCC seal documents for Foreign Evaluation Agencies e.g. WES, ICAS, etc.?Yes, only the IBCC attested documents are sealed on the request of applicant and handed over to the applicant for onward submission to the relevant agency.
What are the requirements for equivalence of High School Diploma issued by US accredited schools?
Following documents/ credentials are required by IBCC for processing and grant of Equivalence Certificate i.e. SSC & HSSC (relevant Group):-
- Original High School Diploma (returnable, non-returnable documents)
- Grades 9 thru 12 original Official consolidated (4-years) Transcript duly sealed, signed and embossed by the issuing authority (recognized Accredited US Institution) and enclosed in an envelope to be opened by an officer or official of IBCC. Grade-9, 10, 11 and 12 Subjects with its credits should be recorded separately.
Note: If a candidate has passed Grades 9 thru 12 educational qualification through more than one institution then he/she will have to provide original official transcripts of each institute separately along with copy of accreditation of the institution concerned. The final transcript must indicate 'transferred credits and subjects' of prior learning/previous education qualification obtained from other institutions/country in order to complete the Graduation Requirements of school from where he/she has obtained High School Diploma. Moreover, the total obtained credits must be equal to or more than required credits for Graduation of the concerned school for grant HSSC (Relevant Group) of Pakistan. Otherwise case of the student for equivalence will be considered incomplete. In case of Prior Learning Education passed from BISE in Pakistan then you will have to pro-vide original SSC and HSSC issued by BISE. The original SSC and HSSC must be verified by concerned BISE. Non-verified certificates of BISE will not be accepted for Equivalence.
- Date of entrance and discharge of the candidate in concerned institution(s).
- Attested copy of Certificate of Accreditation of the concerned School with any one approved/recognized Accrediting Association of USA OR Concerned US State Department of Education, USA.
- Graduation Requirements (total earned credits by the student and total required credits for Graduation High School Diploma).
- School Profile (i.e. High School Program Planning Guide/Course Description Guide etc.)
- Original Advance placement Grade Report duly issued by AP College Board, USA, sealed/enclosed in an envelope to be opened by an officer or official of IBCC in case of AP Courses passed by you.
- Explanation of abbreviation of the subjects and codes which are used in the student's transcript.
- In case of early graduation, please provide proof from concerned institution/issuing authority.
- Attested Copy of Passport with valid visa portion, Stay proof during the study abroad, at-tested copy of CNIC of Pakistan and attested copy of Foreign Nationality.
- Four photo copies of each educational document must be attached herewith.
- In case of USA, three Science separate subjects i.e. Physics , Chemistry and Biology with complete one year credits as separate subject for Pre-Medical Group and Physics, Chem-istry and Mathematics with complete one year credits as separate subject for Pre-Engineering Group must be passed at High School level (Grades 9 thru 12) for issuance Equivalence Certificate.
- In case of Canada, Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and Mathematics at both Grades 9 & 10 and three science separate subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics must be passed at both Grades 11 and as well Grade 12 (each year) for issu-ance of Equivalence Certificate of Pre-Medical/Pre-Engineering Group respectively.
- Prepaid return envelope of best courier service (e.g. FedEx, DHL, and TCS) should be at-tached herewith for sending back the original documents to the applicant.
- As per policy of IBCC, educational documents of the student will be referred to con-cerned authority for verification/ clarification of the documents furnished to IBCC. Proper Equivalence Certificate will be issued after receipt of verification reply from concerned authority/institution.
- The students of US Institutions (AES/LPS) operating in Pakistan will have to fulfill IBCC Equivalence Criteria for US Schools (AES/LPS) operating in Pakistan for grant of Equiv-alence Certificate.
- As per rules of IBCC, education qualification obtained through 'Distance Learning Edu-cation System'/ 'Online System of Education'/ 'Home Study' cannot be considered for Equivalence of Qualification (107ECM-20).
- IBCC Criteria for American Schools (LPS/AES) operating in Pakistan must be fulfilled by the school/candidate for grant of equivalence of qualification.
- As per resolution of Equivalence Committee (EC) of IBCC, Diplomas/Certificates could be considered for equivalence of only qualification of those US Institutions/schools which are fully accredited by any recognized Accrediting Association of USA or any State Department of Education, USA. (127ECM-17). The education qualification obtained through Institutions which are not accredited by any recognized Accrediting Association of USA or State Department of Education, USA cannot be considered for Equivalence of Qualification.
- RULES FOR TRANSFERRED COURSES: According to rules of EC/IBCC that student will have to fulfill/complete the duration of the course/credits according to the concerned country's system of education e.g. minimum one year duration and credit for one science subject in US curriculum/Scheme of Studies (SOS) and four years duration & credits for each science subject in Pakistani, Canadian and British Education System etc. are re-quired. Particularly Pakistani SSC (Science) courses transferred into US System of education may not be considered for conversion of marks & Equivalence of HSSC (relevant group). (115ECM-27).
- Number of Required subjects for Canadian Qualification: marks will be calculated on the basis of 10 academic required subjects (five from Grade-9 and other five from Grade-10) for equivalence of SSC and as well as 10 academic required subjects (five from Grade-11 and other five from Grade-12) for equivalence of HSSC. Number of Required subjects for US Qualification: marks will be calculated on the basis of 5 academic required subjects (five from Grades 9 and 10) for Equivalence of SSC and as well as 5 academic required subjects (five from Grades 11 and 12) for Equivalence of HSSC.
Some of the important information regarding British Qualification (IGCSE/GCSE/GCE “O” and “A” Level)
- The statement of result of 'O' and 'A' levels is valid upto maximum six months only. After Six months, original certificate is required and an application without the 'O' level / 'A' level certificate will not be entertained.
- If a candidate passes 'O' level from abroad and appears for 'A' level from Pakistan or vice versa, he/she has to pass Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies at SSC or 'O' level for obtaining Equivalence Certificate.
- Copy of the Equivalence Certificate of 'O' level issued by IBCC and original of 'O' and 'A' level certificates must be provided for obtaining Equivalence Certificate of 'A' level. The candidate must have passed seven subjects before June 2006 & eight subjects from June 2006 & onward GCE O-Level, if he appears from Pakistan (including five compulsory sub-jects 'English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat/ethics for non-Muslims & Pakistan Studies' ) and five subjects, if he appears from abroad (including two compulsory subjects English and Mathematics).
How many subjects are compulsory for GCE ‘O’ levels/GCSEs in Pakistan?If you are studying O levels in Pakistan, then you need a total of eight subjects including: English, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, and Math's as compulsory subjects. The remaining three subjects are elective.
What is GCE “O” level/GCSE equivalent in Pakistan?GCE 'O' Level/GCSE is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies and for Pakistan based examinations, Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives are required.
What is the Procedure for submission of application for foreign, local equivalence?Equivalence Procedure For Foreign Qualification:
- Filling of application form available at http://ibcc.edu.pk
- Original certificates along with Copy of Certificate for which equivalence is required (other than English Version, its translation from concerned University/Embassy or NUML)
- Copy of Year-wise Transcript or Diploma Supplement or Graduation Statement/Record of study indicating date of admission and completion of degree (other than English Version, its translation from concerned University/Embassy or NUML)
- Copy of passport indicating visa, entry and exit in respective country for study duration only
- Copy of CNIC All the above original documents need to be presented for getting endorsement "Seen Original and verified" from IBCC Head office or IBCC Regional offices, Lahore/Karachi/Quetta/Peshawar/ Bahawalpur.
- As per policy it is mandatory for the applicants to provide verification on genuineness of their diploma/certificate from concerned organizations, for detail please visit IBCC web-site.
- Filling of an application form.
- Original and photocopy of each diploma/certificate. (9 to 12) along with CNIC and application processing fee as bank draft.
- Photocopy of year-wise transcripts/DMCs/Result Cards indicating date of admission and date of completion along with duration of each semester/term.
- Proof of registration from concerned professional body (in case of professional certificate/diploma).
- Equivalence fee non-refundable for each certificate/diploma.
- All the above mentioned documents in original need to be presented for getting endorsement "Seen original and verified" from IBCC Head Office or any IBCC Regional Centers at the time of submission of application.
What are the requirements for duplicate equivalence certificates?The requirements for duplicate equivalence certificate are as under:
- Application for issuance of duplicate equivalence certificate
- All Original documents for which equivalence is required.
- Photocopy of previous equivalence certificate
- Double fee
- Advertisement in a newspaper for loss of equivalence certificate
- An affidavit, duly attested by 1st class Magistrate on stamp paper of Rs.50/-