Where is IBCC’s Secretariat located?ibccwebIBCC Secretariat is located at Plot No 25, Street No 39, G-10/4, Near Federal Govt. Employees Housing Foundation Islamabad, Pakistan
How is CNIC number entered in the online application form?ibccwebEnter only digits part of CNIC e.g. CNIC No. 17301-1667936-8 will be entered as 1730116679368.
I have forgotten my password of IBCC account as well as password of e-mail account en-tered in IBCC profile.ibccwebPlease send your request for retrieval of password at it@ ibcc.edu.pk along with front & back scanned copies of your CNIC and scanned signature as on CNIC. Also, confirm the email address entered in IBCC database, while creating your account.
What is the difference between a diploma and a degree?ibccwebDiplomas are similar to certificates, and they're often awarded through community or technical schools.
What is FSC in Pakistan?ibccwebFSC stands for Faculty of Science. Most of the people are are confused with FSC abbreviation. Some think that it the abbreviation of fundamental of science but this is wrong. FSC stands for Faculty of Science and FA stands for Faculty of Arts.
What is meant by Intermediate with ACCA’s Foundation Diploma?ibccwebACCA's Foundation Diploma is recognised on the national education framework in Pakistan as a pathway to earn Intermediate equivalent qualification. Students are required to complete ACCA's Foundation Diploma and three additional exams from any Board of Technical Education of Paki-stan. Through this pathway students shall be awarded: Foundation Diploma from ACCA Intermediate Equivalence Certificate (Commerce Group) from IBCC.
What is O level and A level?ibccwebThe General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level, also called the O-level or O level, was a subject-based academic qualification. An O-level qualification is still awarded by Cambridge In-ternational Examinations in selected locations.
What are the main functions of IBCC?ibccweb
- shall be a forum for the chairmen or chairpersons or chief executives of member examination boards and other allied member organizations to exchange information, and make recommendations to devise policy for unified implementation at the country level on matters relating to the development and promotion of the academic evaluation, examination, and assessment;
- authenticate equivalence, attestation and verification of certificates up to higher secondary levels and equivalent having been issued from local or foreign authorized institutions or examining bodies and shall assess deficient subjects, papers and qualifications through evaluation for issuance of equivalency and measurement thereof, as the case may be, up to higher secondary level including tests and assessments for admissions, scholarships etc.;
- promote curricular and co-curricular activities among member boards or organizations in viable ways and means;
- transform the examination system in the country by introducing modern assessment and examination techniques and assessment of boards and taking steps as appropriate for the improvement of examination or assessment among the member boards;
- taking measures for capacity building of the teachers, paper setters, assessors, and examination staff for improvement of examination and assessment among the member boards;
- regulate foreign examination boards operating in the country;
- develop and promote national and international linkages with educational and examining bodies with respect to knowledge sharing, educational qualifications, personnel exchange, testing, assessment, and equivalence matters;
- shall be a forum at the national level to lay down principles of policy for professional capacity building through special studies or research to bring uniformity in examination and assessment at secondary and higher secondary levels throughout the country by adopting ways and means of firm coordination; and
- perform such other functions, as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above functions or objectives or needed to be performed in the public interest or referred by the Federal Government.