- 1.RULES FOR EQUATING QUALIFICATIONS AND MARKS
- 1.1EQUIVALENCE OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 1.1.1 General
- The major principle for equivalence of qualification is to identify the relevant stage in Pak. System by considering the number of schooling years and subjects of a foreign system, if the system does not match with the Pakistani model.
- 1.1.2 British System
- A) GCE ‘O’ Level, GCSE, IGCSE and Equivalent:
- GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:
- i) Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
- ii) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.
- To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in General/Arts/Humanities Group.
- B) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:
- GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
- i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
- ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
- iii) General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects
- iv) Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.
- a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.
- i. If a Pakistani/dual national candidate studies and appears for examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will not be considered compulsory requirements.
- 1.1.3 American System
- i) Equivalence with SSC: Grade 9 and 10 from Accredited institutions with required number of credits.
- ii) Equivalence with HSSC: Grade 11 and 12 from Accredited institutions having Diploma with required number of credits.